Northern Star is an ASX 200 gold producing and exploration company with a resource base of 1.4 million oz in the highly prospective and low sovereign...
Northern Star is an ASX 200 gold producing and exploration company with a resource base of 1.4 million oz in the highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Western Australia. This includes predominantly the Paulsens and Ashburton Gold Projects. Northern Star’s strategy is to develop production centres at both Paulsens and the Ashburton Gold Project in addition to exploring with further success.
The Paulsens Gold Mine is 180 km west of Paraburdoo in Western Australia as a high grade low cost producer. The processing plant currently operates at 350,000 tpa with an upgrade planned to 450,000 tpa commissioned by 2012 year end producing from a current 75Koz pa to 100Koz pa processing rate from January 2013.
Exploration is progressing at an accelerated rate at our Paulsens, Ashburton, Cheeroona and Kimberley Projects with an underlying Budget of $20M to successfully discover new deposits.
Northern Star Resources Limited is a Gold Mining and Exploration Company that is focussed in successfully mining and exploring its valuable tenure on all Projects in Western Australia.
The Company is dynamic in developing, operating and exploring gold projects with a view to generating additional value through existing and new mining centres.
This strategy is developed and supported by an accelerated exploration programme that will deliver an increased mineral resource inventory in excess of 1.4 Moz of Gold.
With an experienced Board, Senior Management team and a proven track record, Northern Star is well positioned to maintain its current high margin operations and continue to build the next Australian Mid Tier gold mining company..
Key three-year target: $500m Market Capitalisation through exploration, organic growth and acquisition
• Staged Production approach to 200Koz profile per annum Ounces of Gold
• Stage 1 - Grow Paulsens from 75Koz to 100Koz pa Au
• Stage 2 - Develop 100Koz Pa Au Ashburton Sulphide Stand-alone Operation
• Debt Free and Unhedged
• Strong Cash Balance and Operational Cashflow in excess of $60M per annum
Our mission is to generate earning accretive value for our shareholders through organic growth, exploration and operational effectiveness with a prime focus on success to deliver on our targets.
Paulsens Gold Project
• 100% Owned (JVs at Hardey Junction 80:20 and Mt Clement 20 % Free Carry)
• Current production ~75,000 oz Au per annum from the Paulsens Operations
• 450Km2 of highly prospective underexplored Tenements including the Hardey Junction and Mt Clement JV
• Targeting production of 100,000 oz pa in 2013
• Total resource base increased to 403Koz from 318Koz (+27% Increase)in 6 months to June 2012
• Recently purchased FMG JV tenements of 7000Km 2 highly prospective ground in 2013
Ashburton Gold Project
• 100% owned
• Underexplored Proterozoic basin
• 952Km2 of highly prospective Tenements
• 5 low cost historical mines mined between 1998 and 2004 when the gold price was $525/oz Au
• Total resource base increased to 1Moz Au from 668Koz (+50% Increase) in 6 months to December 2011
• Multiple lines of orogenic mineralisation
• 100% owned
• 129Km2 of highly prospective Tenements
• Same geological terrain as nearby Sandfire’s World Class Degrussa Copper Deposit
• 100% owned
• 85Km2 of highly prospective Tenements
• VMS deposits to host Copper Zinc Mineralisation
Newmont: making technology the future of mining
Silvercorp Metals Inc.
Silvercorp maximizes opportunity at the Ying mining district
CRU Group: data-driven commodities digital transformation
IBM (Energy & Resources)
IBM: building an ecosystem to support the mine of the future