Ferroalloys Market Size Worth $69.0 Billion By 2027 | CAGR:
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ferroalloys market size is projected to reach USD 69.0 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period. The increasing production of steel in the Asia Pacific, on account of rising construction activities in the region, is a significant factor influencing the global market growth. Ferromanganese, ferro silicomanganese, ferrochrome, and ferrosilicon are the principal ferroalloys that are commonly used in the industry as principal inputs for steel manufacturing.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Asia Pacific led the market in 2019 accounting for the largest revenue share of 60.3% as the region is the world's largest producer of steel
- Cast iron application segment is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 4.2%, in terms of volume, from 2020 to 2027 owing to the rapidly expanding manufacturing sector in the Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa
- Carbon & low alloy steel led the market with a volume share of 47.8% in 2019 owing to significant consumption of ferro silicomanganese for carbon steel manufacturing in APAC
- Ferrochrome is predicted to witness significant growth from 2020 to 2027 as the stainless steel industry is poised to witness considerable growth
Read 104 page research report with ToC on "Ferroalloys Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (FeCr, FeSiMn), By Application (Carbon & Low Alloy Steel, Cast Iron) By Region, (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ferroalloys-market
Among these products, ferro silicomanganese is expected to register the fastest growth over the coming years owing to its extensive consumption as a desulfurizing and deoxidizing agent in carbon steel manufacturing. Ferrochrome is added to Stainless Steel (SS) to impart corrosion resistant properties and give the aesthetic appearance. Therefore, the product is expected to register a healthy growth, in terms of volume demand, as the SS industry is likely to register a strong growth from 2021 following the global pandemic in 2020. Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019.
There is a huge market in China owing to significant steel production in the country. In fact, according to World Steel, China manufactured more than 50% of the global crude steel in 2019. As a result, China constituted more than 50% of the product demand, in terms of volume, in 2019 and is expected to maintain its dominant position over the coming years. On the other hand, ferroalloy demand is predicted to witness a sharp decline in 2020, especially in North America and Europe, as the manufacturing activities and industrial production were severely affected in the first half of 2020 owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Asia Pacific is also expected to witness a considerable decline in its GDP owing to the pandemic. However, relatively quick recovery of industrial production in China is expected to soften the blow of the COVID-19 pandemic for ferroalloy suppliers in the Asia Pacific, as China is likely to display a positive manufacturing outlook in the second half of 2020. The major ferroalloys producing countries include China, India, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Norway, and Russia. These countries have abundant availability of chromite and manganese ores, which are the primary raw materials required for product manufacturing.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ferroalloys market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Ferroalloys Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Ferrochrome (FeCr)
- Ferro Silicomanganese (FeSiMn)
- Ferroalloys Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Carbon & Low Alloy Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Cast Iron
- Ferroalloys Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Ferroalloys Market
- Jindal Group
- Shanghai Shenjia Ferroalloys Co. Ltd
- Samancore Chrome
- Ferro Alloys Corporation Limited.
- Tata Steel Limited - Ferro Alloys & Minerals Division
- S.C. Feral S.R.L
- China Minmetals
- Arcelor Mittal
Find more research reports on Advanced Interior Materials Industry, by Grand View Research:
- High Strength Aluminum Alloys Market – Global high strength aluminum alloys market size was valued at USD 31.15 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% from 2020 to 2027.
- Magnesium Alloys Market – Global magnesium alloys market size was valued at USD 3.12 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% from 2020 to 2027.
- Aluminum Alloys Market – Global aluminum alloys market is estimated to be driven by increasing demand from transportation industry. Aluminum alloys are majorly utilized in the transportation industry owing to its properties such as corrosion resistance, lightweight, recyclability, high strength.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.