The company announced assay results, including...
Algold Resources reveals impressive results at its flagship Tijirit project in Mauritania, West Africa.
The company announced assay results, including high grade values of 100 g/t Au and 89 g/t Au, from sampling carried out on the new Salma vein at the project.
Results from the samples, gathered during systematic 50 meters spaced pitting and trenching exploration activities, extend the gold mineralised structure to 3 kilometres on strike.
Assay results grading up to 100 g/t Au and 99.0 g/t Au were recorded from a series of pits dug over a 3 kilometres strike. The Salma vein represents the newest high-grade discovery at Tijirit, located only five kilometres from the Eleonore and the Lily veins. The Salma vein has now been traced over a three-kilometre-long mineralised gold structure situated on the prospective granite-greenstone contact zone.
These results continue to demonstrate the significant potential for the identification of additional high-grade gold zones throughout the more than 25-kilometre-long Eleaonre corridor.
The full highlights of the results include:
- 100 g/t Au – In-pit (10 meters below the surface), 1 m2 panel sample
- 100 g/t Au - In-pit (7 meters below the surface), 1 m2 panel sample
- 88.9 g/t Au – In-pit (9.5 meters below the surface), 1 m2 panel sample
- 25 samples grading higher than 10 g/t Au - 1 m2 panel samples
- 75 samples grading higher than 1.0 g/t Au - 1 m2 panel samples
- Average grade of 10.0 g/t Au (104 rock chip samples)
- Average grade of 13.3 g/t Au for samples grading >1 g/t Au (75 rock chip samples)
Algold Resources Ltd. is focused on the exploration and development of gold deposits in West Africa. The board of directors and management team are seasoned resource industry professionals with extensive experience in the exploration and development of world-class gold projects in Africa.